Program Director/ Product Management
Exchangivist: The Activists MarketPlace is a new online tool that will fundamentally change how human rights abuses are combatted in closed societies by allowing anyone in the world to offer their skills to those who are working to make a difference in the darkest places on earth. The Exchangivist platform has the potential to change the struggle for human rights forever. Whether you're a reporter on the ground, an activist working from the diaspora or a professional with skills to contribute, Exchangivist can be an important part of the solution. Its Craig’s List for Activists meets Match.Com for the politically aware.
In its first iteration the Exchangivist will focus on supporting human rights. By design it will be made available as an open source platform to any community looking to connect challenges with solutions.
Advancing Human Rights is looking for a dynamic and experienced leader to take the prototype tool from working proof-of-concept to a fully functioning platform with a robust community of users.
• Lead the creation of an online marketplace where political and social activists in closed societies can connect with pro bono resources.
• Manage local and remote resources including community managers who are working with overseas dissident communities.
• In conjunction with partners and technical team establish participation parameters including security processes
• Recruit pro bono service providers (lawyers, journalists, translators, technical experts, PR, marketing, writers, policy experts, etc.)
• Be part of the leadership team advising on strategy and process
• Define clear goals and metrics and then track and report on progress relative to the program
• Support the fundraising process for the program
• Activating and engaging communities of interest
• Creating online tools and communities
• Managing resources, especially remote colleagues and partners
• Congressional/legislative relations a plus
• Pro bono recruitment and management a plus
• Product management and product development
• Demonstrated experience building or supervising the build of digital/internet tools
• Sales / Business Development – engaging and convincing strangers, friends, and potential partners
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational, time, and project management experience
• Goal oriented
• Self-starter. A bit head strong wouldn’t hurt
• Marketing, especially social media and press relations
• Knowledge of and an interest in human rights, especially in areas such as Iran, China, Russia, and the Middle East especially helpful
Please reply with credentials, salary requirements, and a thoughtful letter describing how you would approach this challenge.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words Exchangivist Program Director in the subject line.